Birds & Wine - Chile with Argentina
- Chile & Argentina - Birds and Wine 2024 Itinerary.
- March 1 - 16, 2024 Currently sold out - but get on our wait list or send in your registration and deposit for the 2025 trip!
- Price $6900 US – from Santiago, ending in Mendoza.
- Pre-tour to looking for Puma in Torres del Paine led by Ricardo Matus (see itinerary).
- Post tour you can also visit Rapa Nui - Easter Island.
- Birding in Chile's premiere wine regions, and beautiful Mendoza wine region of Argentina.
- Great accommodation, superb food and wine.
- Led by Chile’s bird experts, and local wine pros.
- We pioneered birding and wine, with our first trip in 2012. This is one of our most popular trips.
- In 2023 we started a different, updated itinerary, where we will cross to Argentina over land by the Laguna del Maule. This allows us to look at habitats and birds from northern Patagonia such as Darwin's Rheas, Rusty-backed Monjita, and perhaps Band-tailed Earthcreeper and multiple others. It adds diversity, and more time in the field instead of waiting for a flight across the Andes at the airport!
- Andean Condor, albatrosses, penguins, gallitos, sierra-finches, yellow-finches, Burrowing Parakeet, paired with Carmenere, Malbec and Sauvignon Blanc.
- See many of Chile’s endemics, and a great sampling of Argentina’s endemics.
- Half day pelagic that will knock your socks off in terms of numbers and diversity. We are back on the dock by lunch time!
- Friendly people, modern infrastructure, potable water, and very safe nations.
- A birding trip you won’t have to explain to your non-birding friends. They will be jealous!